Cancellation And Refund Policy
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Cash refunds are limited to the following:
- Wedding orders cancelled in accordance with the terms of a wedding contract
- Custom orders cancelled before any production costs, including labor, are incurred
- Paid deliveries which are not delivered within two hours of your designated delivery time. Refunds for late deliveries are limited to the cost of delivery and the Hive Bake Shop does not accept responsibility for late deliveries that result from being provided an incorrect address.
Refunds are not considered for any of the following reasons:
- Decorating style, color shade or general decoration design did not copy exactly what was provided in a picture. This is due to the fact cake artistry is subject to copyright infringement laws which requires us to create our own original interpretation of your design theme. We do our best to meet your theme design, but cannot promise to replicate photos exactly.
- Order was cancelled, or postponed, after production costs have already been incurred. (If you postpone an order at least 7 days before the pickup date, we will do our best to reschedule to a later date at no cost. This courtesy is subject to availability on the bake schedule.)
- Order for a 3-dimensional (3D) cake, sculpted cake, or cakes with heavy fondant elements for which special order elements or ingredients have already been ordered. The customer will be charged for all production costs incurred and the balance of the custom order costs will be provided in the form of an in-store credit, to be applied to a future purchase.
- Custom orders that have been consumed.
Understanding our Just-In-Time Baking Schedule Process
The Hive Bake Shop is committed to top quality and freshness. For this reason, we do not bake and freeze custom cakes ahead of time to increase our capacity for fulfilling orders. Instead, we adhere to a Just-In-Time baking schedule to provide you with the freshest, top quality custom cakes possible. This process is described in detail below to provide you with insight into how production charges may be incurred for orders not cancelled seven days before an order is scheduled for pickup.
I. Custom orders are reviewed seven days in advance to confirm all supplies needed to complete the order are on hand. This could involve ordering figurines, colored fondant, flavorings, icing, sprinkles, airbrushing paints, etc.
II. Fondant features, if needed, are created 2-3 days in advance to ensure they setup properly. More extravagant cakes make require artists to begin creating features earlier.
III. Cakes/cupcakes/macrons are baked 1-2 days in advance so they will be ready for the cake artist to decorate in time to complete before the designated pickup time. This ensures each custom order is fresh and meets our high quality standards. (Cake flavor changes must be requested at least 3 days in advance of the designated pickup date to ensure we have the desired flavor on hand in the shop to accept the change. Additional costs may be incurred.)
IV. All other custom order items are baked 12-24 hours in advance of the pickup time to ensure quality and freshness.
Our Just-In-Time Baking Schedule helps us provide you with the freshest, top quality product possible. Thank you for taking the time to learn about our Just-In-Time baking schedule process and how production costs are incurred processing custom orders.